Atlanta, Georgia. – The Atlanta Pride Committee (APC) announced the details today for their VIP Festival Pass. This fundraising program, now in its third year, has become a popular addition to the event.
This 2015 “Atlanta Pride VIP Festival Pass” includes the following:
- Admission to the Delta VIP/Sponsor Party on October 9, 2015, at the Oceans Ballroom of the Georgia Aquarium from 6:00-8:00 p.m. (NOTE- this does not include admission to the GA Aquarium’s Lounge. That is a separate, ticketed event hosted by the Aquarium)
- Use of the VIP Area in Piedmont Park on October 10-11, 2015
With this pass, the holder will be admitted to the exclusive Delta VIP/Sponsor Party that takes place in the Oceans Ballroom of the Georgia Aquarium immediately prior to the Kick Off Party.
The VIP Area is located in the Meadow of Piedmont Park in front of the Coca-Cola Stage and is open from 2:00-9:00 p.m. on October 10 and from 3:00-9:00 p.m. on October 11. The VIP Area will include:
- Private, badge-access only outdoor center in the Meadow
- VIP festival experience
- Private restroom facilities
- Private cash bar with two complimentary drink tickets per Festival Pass
- Complimentary snacks from Small Business Partners, such as restaurants, bakeries and bars
- Tented and fenced enclosure with tables and seating
- Fenced beer garden enclosure
Buck Cooke, Atlanta Pride Committee Executive Director, said, “This is our third year offering VIP Festival Passes for those who want to experience the festival in a different way and find a new way to support the work of the Atlanta Pride Committee. We are extremely grateful to those who have purchased the VIP Festival Passes in previous years and we have used the feedback provided last year to modify the experience this year.”
Cooke continued, “As a non-profit organization, we are always looking for new fundraising opportunities and we are excited that this one is gaining popularity each year. By purchasing a VIP Festival Pass, patrons are helping us offer excellent year-round programming in a variety of areas and support our desire to keep the annual Atlanta Pride Festival free to everyone to enjoy. Most other Prides our size charge admission to their concerts, markets, or other events at their festivals, but we have a strong commitment to our LGBTQ and allied community that we will keep the Atlanta Pride Festival free for as long as possible.”
He added, “The money we raise also helps us support other organizations in our community and throughout the global Pride movement through our Community Reinvestment Fund, which has allowed us to support organizations like the Transgender Health and Education Alliance (THEA+), Pride School of Atlanta, Charis Circle, Lost-N-Found, Augusta Pride, South Georgia Pride, and a number of others. We have also made grants to the InterPride Solidarity Fund which supports Prides in hostile environments around the globe, like Uganda and Ukraine.”
Cooke noted, “We work hard to stretch our fundraising dollars as far as possible. Just the money raised from purchasing a pair of VIP Festival Passes could help us make a grant to a new organization in our community, pay for a small programming event during Stonewall Month (like a panel discussion or movie screening) or cover some of the cost it would take to bring in experts to help our community fight oppression in new ways, like when we brought in Sam Brinton and Justin Utley, two survivors of anti-gay or conversion therapy and activists working to have that kind of so-called ‘therapy’ classified as torture.”
VIP Festival Passes will be sold online at http://atlantapride.org/vip/and are available now. Online sales of the VIP Festival Pass will end on September 28 and passes will be mailed on September 30. If passes are still available, they will be sold onsite during the festival. As other benefits become available to VIP Festival Pass holders, APC will promote those additional benefits online.
Attendees can purchase a single VIP Festival Pass or a packet of two VIP Festival Passes:
One pass – $175.00 online, $200.00 onsite (subject to availability) Includes:
- One ticket to the Delta VIP/Sponsor Party on October 9(NOTE- this does not include admission to the GA Aquarium’s Lounge. That is a separate, ticketed event hosted by the Aquarium)
- One VIP Festival Badge (used to access the VIP Area) forOctober 10-11
Two passes – $325.00 online, $350.00 onsite (subject to availability) Includes:
- Two tickets to the Delta VIP/Sponsor Party on October 10 (NOTE- this does not include admission to the GA Aquarium’s Lounge. That is a separate, ticketed event hosted by the Aquarium)
- Two VIP Festival Badges (used to access the VIP Area) forOctober 10-11
- One parking pass for each day of the festival on October 10-11 (provides parking at a nearby parking deck)
A portion of the price for the VIP Festival Pass will be a tax-deductible contribution to Atlanta Pride, which is a 501(c) organization.
Cooke finished, “Gather some friends together and purchase your passes. You will enjoy comfortable restrooms, delicious food from local businesses, have a great time, and support the fight for LGBTQ equality in our community and abroad. What could be better?”